Monday 10 August 2009

chinese cabbage&mushroom stir fry/ 八宝菜とマッシュルームの炒め物


I used to live in a share house with 8 other girls.
That was my first experience of living in a share house in Australia
Each girl was from a different country and they cooked different meals.
But I remember a girl from Malaysia, she always cooked veggies only with salt.

I was very curious and asked her,
"Does it actually taste nice? veggies with just some salt?"
She said,
"Just try."

And I did.
I was suprized how tasty veggies can be just by adding salt!!
By not putting strong flavoured sauces, we can taste and enjoy the real flavours of veggies.
I hated vegetables & mushrooms before I came to Australia, but now I'm really friends with them :)

I love this dish YY

I cooked this last night and I LOVED IT so I cooked it again YY

Ingredients


*chinese cabbage (Choy sum/八宝菜) 2 bunches

*swiss brown mushrooms 100g

(You can use any types of mushrooms. I bought this swiss ones for the first time but they are really tasty!!!!)

*garlic 1 tea spoon

*sesame seeds(just because it is good for health) 1 tea spoon

*salt 1/2 tea spoon

Instructions

1. tear the veggie into the pieces you think is easier to eat. (You don't need to make them really tiny)

**tearing this type of veggie is better than cutting them because they can absorb the flavours this way. ***

2. cut the mushrooms into the pieces you think is easier to eat.

3. heat up a pan with some sesame oil, put the garlic and stir fry the veggie and mushrooms with the salt.

4. add the sesame seeds on the top if you like :)


No comments:

Post a Comment