Tuesday 4 August 2009

about Monday

I finally recieved an reply from my course co-ordinator yesterday (after sending her emails twice) and she approved all my subjects!

Yayyy!! :D

ah I'm so relieved...and soooo happy!! :) :)

I don't need to worry about taking 3 extra subjects or extending my course... i can graduate on time!

I've been having nightmares and couldn't sleep well the past few days... but finally i can sleep well tonight! :) :)

Things are so flexible in Australia and I love it!!Even though I found things are not well-organized sometimes...

Well well, it's all good now! :)

*******

As usual on monday, I had new media lecture + tutorials + orchestra rehearsal.

I don't know why but my tute time slot is so popular and everybody wants to get in to my monday tute slot..
(maybe it's because the tute is straight after the lecture and very convenient?)

And now, my tute is so packed.... 24-27 people in one small tute room...

Last semester, I took a similar subject and had only 10 or 11 people in one tute..

My teacher was stressed about getting emails from students saying
"can i change to monday tute because...."

He (teacher) suggested to me and other people in the monday tute that we could sell our tute
time slot on Ebay since there is such a demand! :p


That's funny...

Now with the power of the new media, such as the internet, we can start our own business without establishing companies!

In yesterday's new media tute, we discussed about networked society.For example, in society, we are all connected to someone or to information through the networks of TV, radio, internet, youtube etc.

Similarly, not only the technology is seen as a network, but also our relationships with others themselves are seen as network, such as family and friends and how we are attached to and support each other.

As media has a great power to influence the society and even the world, it means that the more access you have to the media, more power you gain from it. The more networks you have (the more connections you have with others), the more power you gain.


For example, while people in developed countries have absolute power by having easy and constant access to media, others such as people in developing countries have almost no power
as they do not have access to media.


Similarly, I think thatif you have more family members, you are connected to more people in the society; therefore more secured.If both parents have jobs, even though one loses his or her job and disconnected from the society, the other parent still can be the station to connect the rest of the family members to the society.


I think the ideas are very interesting.


I love my new media class. It's very inspiring!

2 comments:

  1. Re:
    "I don't know why but my tute time slot is so popular and everybody wants to get in to my monday tute slot.."

    Perhaps the news that you are in that tute had spread around! XD Nice blog, tomo, keep it up! We're lovin' it!

    Francis

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha

    Hi Francis! :D
    thank you for your comment and becoming a follower!!!:)
    How have you been?
    Are you still in Melb?

    ReplyDelete