- Shiso menchi katsu -Minced cutlets with Shiso (labiate) leaves
- Baked potatoes with tomatoes, mayonaise and cheese
- Pickles from yesterday (friend's recommendation)
- Stir fried Chinese cabbage with garlic and mushrooms
- White rice
Stir fried veggies ←recipe
I didn't like mushrooms when I was in Japan.
My Japanese friend took me to one of the Vietnamese shops on Victoria street yesterday.
My friend said I can make Shiso drink if I get a lot of Shiso.
But yesterday I just decided to get few.
Just to try.
Shiso Cutlets Recipe
- Minced pork 350g
- Onion 1/2
- Shiso leaves 6-10 pieces
- Egg 1
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
- Flour 1 cup
- Take the Shiso leaves out of the stem. Wash the leaves.
- cut the onion into really tiny pieces, mix the onions and meat well (better to use your hands)
- make round shapes, in between the meat, place 1-2 Shiso leaves.
- prepare 3 bowls, put the flour, the egg (stired), the bread crumbs in each bowls. one by one, put flours around the round shaped meat, then dip into the stired egg, then put bread crumbs.
- deep fry in the oil. they are cooked once they rise up from the bottom of the pot and float on the oil.
Nice to eat with Yuzu dressing (right)or Bull-dog sauce (left)
☆ ←you could also try my long beans minced cutlets recipe