Friday 18 February 2011

Bananas: shopping at Vietnamese street







A cat in my neighbourhood










Yesterday, I went to Victoria Street.


This area is famous for Vietamese shops and restaurants.








But there is also Daiso (Japanese 100yen shop).




My Japanese friend wanted to shop at Daiso so I accompanied her.




After shopping at Daiso, she showed me one of the Vietamese shops selling Shiso leaves.






OMG I love Shiso


I love all the Shiso products such as Shiso drinks, Shiso cutlets
and Shiso salad dressings.

I had never seen any fresh Shiso leaves in Melbourne before

so I was very excited when I finally saw it




I guess many Japanese come to Victoria Street to buy those rare veggies.




And maybe that is why Daiso is also here.














With the precious Shiso, I made Shiso cutlets for tonight's dinner.





While shopping at the Vietnamese shop, I also found THIS
















I found cheap bananas




1 banana for $0.60



1 banana costed $1.20 in safeway the other day and I was so depressed.









But now, only $0.60!!













Yahooo










Finally, I could make Banana smoothie






1 cup of milk, 1 table spoon of Milo and 1 banana

and


Yummmmmm






I also bought some pickles (my friend recommended this)








Only $1/80 at ALDI


Nice!

1 comment:

  1. hi, I'm a fan of shiso leave too. I would like to know where I can find it. Can you please provide the address of the Vietnamese grocery or the name of the shop? Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete