Sunday 22 July 2012

My Very First Trip To Taiwan Day1

I visited Taiwan for the first time at the end of June.

The purpose of going there is sightseeing of course, and also the most importantly,
to see my very important friends.


My ex-housemate and her boyfriend, and my very old friend whom I had not seen for almost 6 years!



I left Singapore very early in that morning. I woke up at 4am.
I was tired and sleepy, but at the same time, really excited.


Clouds are everywhere




Arrived at Taoyuen airport
I like this sticker on the ground



 


View from a taxi, on our way to the hotel
I was worried about typhoon, but hey, very nice weather!






After dropping our luggage at the hotel,
we took a train down from Banxiao (板橋)station to Shi-mon (西門 west gate)station


Taiwanese train ticket is a plastic coin!
So cute! I love it!


I caught up with my friends there and tried many street snacks.


The picture below is a man making Taiwanese pancakes.
The pancakes are similar to Indian pratas in Singapopre,
but this one comes with a black sauce which is very similar to Japanese okonomiyaki sauce!
It was very yummy and the man selling the panckaes was very friendly and funny.

 



After stuffing ourselves with delicious street food, we walked pass by  
the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall (中正紀念堂)

 

A beautiful lake and bridge

 




For dinner, friends took us to a very nice Japanese style BBQ restaurant.

 
Yaki Onigiri
(Grilled rice balls)


 

MEAT!!



And more!!



More food to come in the next taiwan trip post...

No comments:

Post a Comment