Tuesday 31 July 2012

Hokkaido Shima Hokke dinner & Eggplant in Japanese sweet sauce recipe

Dinner from few days back


*Shima Hokke from Hokkaido
(Stripe Patterned Hokke from Isetan Hokkaido fair.
Lots of oil in the fish. Super yum!)

*Eggplant in Japanese sweet sauce
*Vegetable soup
*Rice



I bought a toaster few weeks back.
Cooking is very limited when you can only use a stove and microwave.
I need to grill, toast and bake things!

I wish I had an oven at my place but I don't...
So I decided to buy a toaster instead.
It's small, but not bad!
I can grill fish like today, make veggie roasts, semi dried tomatoes,
bake sweet potato cakes etc etc...

I can cook a lot more things with my new toaster.






Eggplant in Japanese sweet sauce recipe

(Well we don't require a toaster for today's recipe...)


Ingredients
*1 Japanese eggplant (thin and long)
*1 table spoon on soya sauce
*2 table sponns of mirin

Instructions
*cut the eggplant into thin slices, leave them in a bowl wifh full of water.
*once water became a bit brown, get rid of the water. pour soya sauce and mirin in the same bowl, gently place a wrap on top of the bowl and microwave it for 2 misn or so.

Easy and Yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment