Thursday 30 July 2009

Darwinism and "Disgrace"

I had a lecture on darwinism this morning.


When I say, "I'm studying darwinism this semester,"

people often ask me, "is it related to Media at all?"


Well, in fact, No.

But I'm taking it because it seems fun!

And my lecturer for darwinism is the same lecturer for the subject called "Minds and Madness" which I studied last semester.

I loved studying "Minds and Madness"!

The subject was about the history of mental illness
-- people thought that I was a bit mad to take this unique subject but actually I was not mad at all! This was a great subject!
Besides, the teachers were friendly and the subject was very interesting!


Anyway, I've been taking those random subjects which are not really related to media. and I was very happy about it because I really enjoyed studying them.

And I thought that I was allowed to take these subjects because they are under Arts, and media course is actually part of Arts degree!


But then, I found that I wasn't.


A few days ago, I found that I've completed 3 Arts subjects as my media optional subjects while these subjects are not media optional subjects!

Basically it means, I completed 3 wrong subjects during my 2nd year. (and I'm still doing it for darwinism in my 3rd year).

I was very upset when I found about this huge mistake!
Becaues I might not be able to graduate on time.


I went to talk to my course advisor straight away (there were few course advisors but I went to talk to the one my friend recomended to me).

She was nice.
She suggested to me that I can try to seek approval from my course co-ordinator to accept those unrelated media subjects as my media subjects... (sounds hard, but i personaly believe that these subjects are actually somehow related to media) *finger corssed*

If she says yes, then I don't need to take 3 new subjects or extend my study.


Well, I sent her an email to seek her approval, but I haven't gotten any reply yet...
Hope she can help me.... :(:(




Anyway,


I also went to watch a movie called "Disgrace" tonight.

My friend went to SouthAfrica for an exchange study and she just came back to melbourne a few weeks ago!

She is taking part in her university's fundraising group for SouthAfrica and she told me that if i buy a movie ticket for "Disgrace" from her, some money goes to help people in Africa.

The ticket was slightly more expensive than normal ticket, but I looked at the movie review and critics and the movie seemed interesting so i went there.

The movie theatre was just across my house anyway!


Well, the movie was about SouthAfrica and how people live there.
It was a bit shocking.

I felt that the ending was not that good though...
Also I couldn't sympathize with the main characters at all...

But I think the show was good as in it effectively showed the way people live in SouthAfrica, and how hard the life can be there.




My new housemate is moving in tomorrow morning!
I gotta wake up early againnn :p

No comments:

Post a Comment