Saturday 4 August 2012

Congee with kway teow noodles


Today's lunch


Congee with Singaporean Kway Teow Noodles.



I had some oily food last night for dinner,
so I wanted to eat something very simple and gentle on stomach this morning.
I thought of congee but I was running out of rice.

It was raining outside and I could even hear thunder from my kitchen window.
The nearest supermarket is 15 mins-walk away.

"I don't want to go shopping now,
but I want to eat congee, what shall I do?"


Then, I realized that I have  Kway Teow Noodles in the freezer.  
Kway Teow is made of rice and it is very thin and soft.
Its texture is perfect for congee.






The ingredients is almost the same as the dinner a day before
Stir fried carrots, cabbage, onion, mushrooms and thin sliced pork
-It turned out to be a very easy and tasty kway teow congee noodles.

 

 

Easy and Tasty Kway Teow Congee Noodles Recipe

servies 2

Ingredients

 group1

*carrot1/2
*cabbage 3-4 pieces
*onion 1/4
*thin sliced pork 2-3 slices
*Shiitake mushroom3 pieces or so

group2

*Kway Teow noodles 1 pack 
*chicken soup stock 1 tea spoon
*Japanese men tsuyu 5 table spoons
*water 1/2 cup


Opetional Ingredient

Egg 1 


1. Wash and cut all the  ingredients in group 1 and stir fry with less than 1 tea spoon of sesame oil in a pot.
2. Once veggies became soft, add all the ingredients in group 2
3. Once it starts boiling, add the egg and stir well. Ready to serve!

Even if you don't have the veggies I mentioned above, that is ok. You can use your favourite veggies or just add whatever you have in your fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment